400 Pecan Street
Del Rio, Texas 78840
8:00 a.m. – 12 Noon / 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
The Health Department of Val Verde County offers a wide range of services to its citizens.
New comers to our area will find some of these services unique since they apply only to a county within 100 miles of an International Border.
Listed below are some of the services provided by our Department:
- Certificates of Compliance – (Required by Power Companies prior to connecting electrical serves)
- Building & Sign Permits – (Required in the Amistad and Land Use area only)
- Plat review and information regarding subdividing of land.
- Enforce of general health violations, such as lots with tall grass/weeds, junk vehicles, dilapidated structures, etc.
- Requirements and permitting of food serving establishments. (Restaurants, Mobile Units, Grocery Stores & Convenience Stores)
While these are not all the services we offer, they are some of the most frequently requested. In the near future more information will appear on our website regarding these services. Our goal is to serve you, the citizens of Val Verde County as expectantly as possible.